Ask anyone and they’ll tell you the exact same thing – the Call of Duty: Warzone game modes have been changing up since day one.
We started with trios, later introduced quads, tested out duos, before reverting back to both trios and quads. There was that brief – and wildly popular – foray into ‘Shotguns & Snipers’; and for the past few weekends, it even allowed Warzone-only players who don’t own Modern Warfare to sample the regular multiplayer.
But the recent update patch revealed some interesting details about the future of Warzone as a game. Eagle-eyed data miners sifted lines of code to discover a total of thirteen new game modes. All of which we may actually get a chance to experience in the coming weeks.
These new game modes entail everything from variations of the regular ‘Battle Royale’ mode millions have been enjoying thus far, a realism mode without any HUD, to a ‘One Shot’ mode.
Check out the list below (courtesy of u/DougDagnabbit):
- Classic BR – No cash, contracts, Gulag, loadouts, or respawns.
- Mo Gulag, Mo Problems – Eliminated players go to Gulag until final 3 circles, no revival buybacks.
- BYOL – ‘Bring Your Own Loadout’, so start with your own loadout?
- Non-Stop – Gas is always closing in.
- PewPew – High damage pistols, explosive physics.
- Run Like Hell – Gas circle moves faster than running players.
- Bottom Line – When a player is eliminated, they will drop back into the fight if they have enough cash on them (Gulag is disabled).
- Realism – Minimal HUD.
- Infinite Gulag – [No descriptive string code, but you can probably guess based on the name.]
- Most Wanted – [No descriptive string code, but you can probably guess based on the name.]
- One Shot – [No descriptive string code, but you can probably guess based on the name.] – game mode also present in Call of Duty: Mobile.
- Stimulus – [No descriptive string code, but you can probably guess based on the name.]
- Inflation Redeployment – [No descriptive string code, but you can probably guess based on the name.]
While the necessary code may be present, no official confirmation has been made regarding if and when these Call of Duty: Warzone game modes will become available. Developers have been known to leave scrapped ideas within the code – so best manage expectations.
Though given how the last time data miners discovered the Modern Warfare 2 remaster in the code before any official confirmations or announcements, only to be proven right less than a day later, we’re remaining optimistic.
More to come.