A Reddit user has sent gamers into a proper frenzy by leaking an alleged list of details from the upcoming Grand Theft Auto 6.
Posting under the account JackOLantern1982, the user claims GTA 6 will be set in both Vice City and a new fictional location based on Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Old mate JackO also reveals the game will take place in the 1970s and 1980s and follow a Narcos-inspired drug cartel storyline that involves working your way up the ladder. No word on whether or not Pablo Escobar makes an appearance.
Earlier this year, we filled you in on all the rumours we had heard so far, but this new list is both lengthy and specific.
JackO claims to have a friend who “has worked at Kotaku and PC Gamer” and also a “dear friend at Rockstar." Hmmm.
Other best bits from the leak include:
- You play as an up and coming drug lord-wannabe named "Ricardo."
- Weather is a heavy focus, prepare to battle floods and hurricanes.
- The narrative reflects historical events. A fictional version of Fidel Castro may appear.
- Next-gen only, not PS4 or Xbox One, so built for PS5 or Xbox Project Scarlett.
- No ETA on a release date though rumoured to be 2021/22.
It's been six years since Rockstar blessed us with GTA 5- which recently topped 110 million copies in global sales - so it's about time we copped the next drop in the Grand Theft Auto story.
Though it remains to be seen if this Narcos-rumour is the real deal or simply a Reddit-red herring designed to mess with us all.