As we all continue to make an honest living, occasionally flirting with the thought of coming up with the next big idea, there are times where it’s appropriate to take a step back and admire those who nailed it. As 2016 comes to a close, we checked Forbes.com’s latest updates on the wealthiest individuals and it appears that the 10 biggest honchos’s are sitting on tad over half a trillion dollars. That’s 500,000 chunks of a million bucks. Here’s the top 10:
- Bill Gates – $75 Billion – Microsoft, CEO and Co-founder.
- Amancio Ortega – $67 Billion – Zara, Founder and former Chairman.
- Warren Buffet – $60.8 Billion – Berkshire Hathaway, CEO and largest shareholder.
- Carlos Slim Helu – $50 Billion – Carlos Slim Helu – Telecom.
- Jeff Bezos – $45.2 Billion – Amazon.com, CEO and Founder.
- Mark Zuckerberg – $44.6 Billion – Facebook, CEO, Co-founder, Chairman.
- Larry Ellison – $43.6 Billion – Oracle, Co-founder and former CEO.
- Michael Bloomberg – $40 Billion – Bloomberg L.P, Founder, CEO, Owner.
- and 10. Charles Koch and David Koch – $39.6 Billion each – Co-owners of Koch Industries.