With international travel grounded, there’s never been a better time to accumulate points than right now. In one of the only serious bonus offerings this year, American Express have come to the table with a 100,000 Qantas Points plus 50 Status Credit bonus on the great value Qantas American Express Premium Card when you apply online by the 4th of November 2020, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. New Card Members only.
The Qantas American Express Premium Card is a great entry point into the world of American Express, with a low annual fee of just $249 (more than 80% less than the $1,450 American Express Platinum Card – which, to be fair is in a different league), and a raft of other benefits which we’ve outlined below. Even if you only travel domestically, you should be able to get at least $1,000 worth of value from this card bonus.
- Earn up to 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on everyday purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent. Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible Qantas products and services.
- Two complimentary Qantas Club Lounge invitations each year when you purchase an eligible Qantas product or service with your Card.
- Complimentary Domestic and International Travel Insurance when you pay for your return trip on your Card.
- Up to 4 Additional Cards for family members or friends, at no extra fee.
What can you do with 100,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points?
While flying is the most well known and arguably most effective use of points, you can also spend your points on gift cards, hotels, TV’s, booze, and even vacuum cleaners from the Qantas Rewards Store. Here are some of our favourite sub-100k Qantas Frequent Flyer redemptions in 2020.
- Sydney to Melbourne return six times – from 16,000 points plus taxes and fees.
- Brisbane to Adelaide return twice – from 24,000 points plus taxes and fees.
- Melbourne to the Gold Coast return twice – from 24,000 points plus and fees.
- Sydney to Hobart return twice – from 24,000 points plus taxes and fees.
- East Coast Australia to Tokyo return (COVID permitting) – from 63,000 points plus taxes and fees.
If you’re willing to chance it and risk 12,000 points in cancellation fees – there has literally never been more award flight availability than right now. Search almost any destination in the world on almost any date and there are seats available in every class.
- Weber Q2000 BBQ for 88,340 points
- TaylorMade Spider Putter for 95,470 points
- 3–Piece Global Knife Set for 76,340 points
- $500 Woolworths Gift Voucher for 98,650 points
- Apple Watch from 52,000 points
- UE Boom 3 from 29,210 points
To save time before applying for The Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card, make sure you can say ‘yes’ to the following:
- I have an annual income of $40,000 or more
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
- I am aged 18 years or over
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a long term visa
Looking for something a little more premium? Check out the metal American Express Platinum Card or the American Express Qantas Ultimate Card. Enjoy our American Express Sydney Lounge Review below too.
Boss Hunting earns a referral bonus from American Express for anyone that’s approved through the links in this article. This commission helps keep Boss Hunting running, and we thank you for your support.