Lewis Hamilton will go down as a racing legend when he finally retires. The Englishman clinched his fifth Formula 1 championship in Mexico City last month, moving him to equal second on the all-time winner’s list. He is now on par with Argentinean great Juan Manuel Fangio and just two championship wins behind Micheal Schumacher.
While there’s no doubting natural talent and hard work have helped him reach the pinnacle of motor racing, Hamilton also attributes his change in lifestyle to his recent success. Last year he switched to a plant-based diet which he believes has helped him win back to back Championships.
So if you’re willing to ditch meat and give a vegan diet a crack, here’s a look at Hamilton’s daily diet that’s helped him become a champion five times over.
- Vegan pancakes
- Beans on toast
- Avocado on toast
- Falafel sandwich
- Vegan Chilli
- Quinoa power bowl (assorted vegetables, quinoa and sauce)
- Vegan Burger
- Tofu garlic stir-fry with vegetables and wholegrain rice
- Wheat pasta with vegetables and vegan pesto
- Tempeh and vegan ravioli
- Sweet potato, quinoa patty and fresh kale
- Slow-cooked zucchini with toasted pine nuts, couscous, pomegranate, raisin and orange peel salad
- Orzo pasta with steamed green beats, sundried tomatoes, guacamole dip, a sprouted grain mix, hummus and vegetable crudites
- 85% dark chocolate
- Vegan Nutella (one of Hamilton’s weaknesses)
- Fresh coffee or green tea
- Monster energy drink (he’s an ambassador so no doubt drinks it often)
After a race…
- Champagne of course
Source: BBC & Business Insider