These days, there’s a subscription service for just about everything – including items in the space of high-end and luxury. The latest of which to catch our attention is Helvetia, Australia’s very first luxury watch subscription service.
The benefits of renting vs owning are numerous. Perhaps you’re the try-before-buy kind of person; perhaps you’re just indecisive and like having some options; perhaps you only need something for a certain occasion. Whatever the case, it’s here, it’s ready for use, and it also looks fairly promising.
How does it all work? Simply browse Helvetia’s extensive collection and pick the timepiece(s) that tickle your fancy. Subscribe to a membership plan which correlates to its classification (Silver Collection, Gold Collection, Platinum Collection) – and receive your first watch for 3 months. After that period is over, return it, and receive your next selection.
The timepieces you’ll find in these aforementioned classifications/membership levels are as follows:
Silver Collection ($99/month)
- Armand Nicolet 40mm
- Bremont Supermaine Blue Dial
- Cartier Pasha 40mm Black Dial
- IWC Pilot’s Watch Mark XV Spitfire Blue Dial
- Meistersinger N 2 Grey Dial
- Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 42mm Blue
- Omega Speedmaster 125
- Rolex Oysterdate Precision 34mm
- TAG Heuer Carrera Chronograph Black Dial
- TAG Heuer Carrera Date 43mm Grey Dial
- TAG Heuer Carrera White Dial
- Zenith Elite Ultra Thin
Gold Collection ($299/month)
- Cartier Ballon Bleu de Silver Opaline 42mm
- Cartier Pasha 38mm Silver Dial
- Grand Seiko Snowflake with Spring Drive – SBGA211
- IWC Portuguese Chronograph Silver
- Omega De Ville Chronoscope Co-Axial GMT Chronograph 4MM
- Omega Seamaster Professional 41mm
- Panerai Luminora Marina 44mm
- Piaget Polo S White Dial
- Rolex DateJust 41 Jubilee Bracelet Blue Roman Dial
- Rolex DateJust 41 Jubilee Bracelet Slate – Green
- Rolex Explorer Black Dial 39mm
- Rolex Milgauss
- Rolex Submariner Black Dial
- Rolex Submariner Two Tone Blue Dial
- Zenith Pilot 45mm Black Dial Automatic
Platinum Collection [Coming Soon]
Additionally, there are one-month rental plans available which follows a different pricing scheme. And if you decide you really enjoy what you have on your wrist, there’s even an option to buy at the end of the rental period.
Find out more over at helvetia.com.au.