There comes a time where not being able to make yourself anything else but a vodka-soda loses its charm. As you grow with age comes an expectation. An expectation that you know your way around a drink. Here are five signature drinks every man should know how to make.
– 70ml gin or vodka
– 1 tablespoon of dry vermouth
– 2 tablespoon of olive brine
– Green olives
– 1 lemon
- Pour gin/vodka, dry vermouth, olive brine, and no more than a handful of ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Rub the rim of a martini glass with lemon (preferably wedge).
- Strain liquid from shaker into glass.
- Add an olive.
– 60ml rye whisky, bourbon; rum is acceptable sometimes (ERon Zacapa Centenario, thank me later)
– 3 dashes of bitters
– 1 teaspoon of sugar
– Sphere ice cube if possible; if not, regular works fine (I guess, some people like their cocktails half-assed)
– Orange for garnish (none of this cherry bullshit)
- Sugar straight in the glass, followed by bitters
- Add a few drops of water.
- Add whisky, bourbon, or rum and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Place ice in glass and stir until chilled.
- Garnish with orange (essence from peel and juice form flesh).
– 60ml whisky
– 30ml lemon juice
– 15ml syrup (sugar)
– Egg white
– Glazed cherry
- Throw the whiskey, lemon juice, syrup, and egg white to a cocktail shaker.
- Dry shake.
- Add ice to the shaker.
- Wet shake (as in regular like).
- Fill a glass with ice and strain the contents in.
- Garnish with cherry.
– 60ml gin
– 30ml lemon juice
– Soda water
– 1 teaspoon of sugar (preferably caster)
- Add gin, lemon juice, sugar, and ice to cocktail shaker.
- Shake ‘n’ strain, into a glass filled with ice.
- Top up with some soda water, about 15-20% of the total glass.
- Garnish with lemon, wheel > wedge in this case.
– 60ml vodka
– 120ml tomato juice
– 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
– 2 teaspoons of horseradish
– 1 pinch of smoked paprika
– 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Add vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, paprika, and pepper into shaker.
- Squeeze lemon and lime into the mix.
- Shake ‘n’ strain.
- Pour into a tall glass, and stick a bit of celery in there.