A few weeks ago we wrote about the most expensive cup of coffee in the world, and today, we bring you a general PSA that the world’s most extravagant bento box is right under our own noses. Melbourne’s very own Ishizuka restaurant is behind this limited edition feast of Japanese delicacies that will set you back a cool $225.
An award-winning eatery specialising in kaiseki, the traditional multi-course Japanese dinner, Ishizuka has received two-hats in the Good Food Guide and is known as one of Melbourne’s top Asian restaurants.
The bento box from Ishizuka is composed of the highest grade Japanese produce sourced from the fish markets of Tokyo, making it a truly authentic affair. Designed for two to three people to experience the taste of Japan in the comfort of their own home, the bento box is divided into three layers, each containing delicious morsels of mouth-watering food listed below.
View this post on Instagram
Our exclusive お弁当 (bento box), only 1 available per day. Made using the highest grade of Japanese and Australian ingredients. Accommodates 2-3, perfect for your next decadent night in. To book please send an email to [email protected] or call us. . . . . . . #exclusive #bento #bentobox #お弁当 #treatyoself #nightin #🥢#japanese #food #foodphotography #ishizuka #melbourne
- Kazunoko (simmered herring roe)
- Kamo (char-grilled duck breast)
- Ebi & Tako (simmered prawns and simmered octopus)
- Zuwai Gani (simmered snow crab and persimmon tofu)
- Kamaboko kouhaku (red and white fish cake)
- Satoimo (simmered taro potato)
- Yaki-jake (charcoal grilled salmon)
- Kuromame (simmered black soybeans)
- Hotate (light pickled scallops)
- Seafood chirashi sushi (tuna, tuna belly, egg roe, scampi and white fish)
- Wagyu Tataki (seared Kagoshima wagyu A5)
- Sashimi (scampi and white fish)
- Awabi (abalone sashimi)
- Macarron (yuzu, black sesame)
- Green tea almond chocolate
- Chestnut pound cake
- Dark chocolate pound cake
- Orange pound cake
- Daifuku (sticky rice cake) with red bean paste and strawberry sticky rice
- Ise-Ebi (cooked local lobster)
- Tamaki-gai (simmered periwinkle)
- Saikyo yaki (miso cod and sweet green pepper)
Only one bento box is available per day from Wednesday through to Sunday between 3pm-7pm. You must order 48 hours in advance and pick up is from Ishizuka, located at the basement level b01/139 on Bourke St in Melbourne’s CBD.