Arnold Schwarzenegger - bodybuilder, film star, governor, all round good dude, and one of the most well known men on earth. It's fair to say that he's seen and done a lot in his 69 years, so we thought it high time to put together some of Arnold's best words of wisdom on life, fitness, and finding your inner strength.
Obligatory disclaimer: you must read these in Arnie's voice.
1. For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
2. What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.
3. Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn.
4. From the bodybuilding days on, I learned that everything is reps and mileage. The more miles you ski, the better a skier you become; the more reps you do, the better your body.
5. Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
6. Don’t go where it’s crowded. Go where it’s empty. Even though it’s harder to get there, that’s where you belong and where there’s less competition.
7. To be successful you must be brutal with yourself and focus on the flaws.
8. Dreams are for the dreamers. Goals are for achievers.
9. You can't be paralyzed by fear of failure or you will never push yourself.
10. Always stay hungry, never satisfied with current accomplishments.
11. Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million.
12. Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.