As the hardest working man in Hollywood and an all-round nice guy, it's always nice to see Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson prosper under the public eye. The football player, turned wrestler, turned highest paid actor in the world lives well, taking care of his family and health above all else... but that doesn't mean The Rock doesn't have fun with it.
Here's how the absolute unit/favourite of the people makes and spends his millions.
- In 2016, Dwayne Johnson was named the highest paid actor in the world with an estimated annual intake of $64.5 million USD
- This includes paychecks from massive box office hits, some of them exceeding a billion dollars in takings like Fast & The Furious, Jumanji, and Moana-- Fun fact, he got paid a ridiculous $34.6 million USD for his role in Fast Five c. 2011
- The Rock earns around $650,000 USD per episode for the HBO series, Ballers-- making him one of the highest paid comedy actors on television outside of The Big Bang Theory (who earns around $900,000 USD per episode)
- Undisclosed figure he gets paid for returning to the WWE-- rumoured to be in the millions
- Undisclosed figure he gets paid for being a Ford Service spokesperson
- Under Armour sponsorship, of which his line of footwear and apparel is apparently the biggest selling-- although it is unclear what his cut of this is
- Johnson also runs the Seven Bucks Productions company with ex-wife, Dany Garcia-- they've produced Ballers and Jumanji
- His monster social media following has also paid off, being given a sum of around $1 million USD to simply talk about his next film on Facebook and Instagram
- Groceries, lots of it
- It's no secret The Rock takes extremely good care of his body, so it should come as no surprise to hear he consumes lean protein... in the way of 821 pounds of cod a year-- that's about $1,500 USD per annum (pocket change, really)
- Several personal trainers
- $100 USD to $250 USD per month on gym memberships alone (Johnson rarely skips a day)
- An entire wardrobe of bespoke suits (they obviously don't produce his size for off the rack...)
- $35,000 USD on a Rolex
- $1 million USD on a Pagani Huayra
- $10 million USD to $65 million USD depending on whether he rents of owns his Gulfstream G650 private jet, "... the fastest one in the world..."
- $3.4 million USD on a five bedroom, seven bathroom Southwest Ranches, Florida mansion in 2012 (sold a year later for $3 million USD)
- $4.5 million USD on a Fort Lauderdale, Florida mansion
- An undisclosed amount on a six bedroom Hidden Hills, California home (later sold for $4.9 million USD)
- Johnson has since moved back to Southwest Ranches, Florida, living in a $5.5 million USD home
- He also owns a farm just outside of Charlottesville, Virginia
- The Rock has sold about ten homes in the past decade in Florida alone
- Cars for his close friends (yes, cars... plural, as in more than one)
- Trucks for his dad (yes, trucks... plural, as in more than one)
- A car for his mum (a family man through and through)
- The Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation, a charity which works with terminally ill children
Suffice it to say, The Rock can afford to live any damn life he pleases.