WhatsApp co-founder Jan Koum is running out of room in his garage and has decided that - instead of buying a bigger one - he's just going to sell some of the rare cars in his collection to create more space. Half his luck.
Koum is teaming up with auction specialists Gooding & Company to flog off 10 deluxe Porsches at their annual Amelia Island Auction in Florida this coming March. On offer are some of the most sought after Porsches in pristine condition.
Included in the auction are:
- 1992 Porsche 964 Carrera RS - one of only 1910 lightweight models produced.
- 1993 Porsche 964 Carrera RS 3.8 - one of only 55 built.
- 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera RS 3.8, finished with rare Porsche Exclusive department features.
There are also four 997s in the collection which comprise of
- 2008 Porsche 997 GT3 RS 3.6.
- 2010 Porsche 997 GT3 RS 3.8 finished in a grey, black, and red colour scheme.
- 2011 Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 - one of only 600 built.
- 2011 Porsche 997 GT2 RS - one of only 500 built.
And for the more modern additions:
- 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach - one of only seven painted in liquid metal chrome blue.
- 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 in special order signal yellow.
- Spectacular looking 2016 Porsche 911 R.
As you can tell, Koum likes his cars to be limited edition.
If you fancy a cheeky bid on any of these cars the auction will be held on March 8. You can find more details about the cars at Gooding & Company.