It's that time of year where the best golfers in the world tee it up for a shot at winning the FedEx Cup and a cool $10,000,000. The Tour Championship winds up at East Lake and with just 30 in the field, there's plenty to play for.
Jordan Speith heads in as the favourite although it's no gimme with some of the worlds best chomping at his feet including the inform Aussie Marc Lieshman. Points are accumulated throughout the season with the field ranked 1-30 and the winner doesn't necessarily take all.
With a complex and constantly changing scenario, here's what you need to know for the season ending event.
- The $10 Million prize money goes to the FedEx Cup winner
- This isn't necessarily the tournament winner
- Points are accumulated throughout the season
- The top 5 will win the FedEx with a win at East Lake
- The other 25 will have to rely on other results
- All 30 players have a chance at winning
- Second prize is $3 Million - there's plenty to play for
- This doesn't include the $8.8 Million tournament prize pool!
With Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Dustin Johnson, Marc Leishman and John Rahm rounding out the top five, it's hard to see a bolter. Leishman is fresh off a five-shot victory at last week's BMW Championship and could add to Aussies recent run of hot performing golfers.
Strap in for a solid weekend of golf, the Tour Championship never disappoints.