A year after its Taylors Estate Shiraz 2020 was named International Champion at the prestigious VINUS International Wine & Spirits Competition, Taylors Wines has once again taken home the big prize with its Taylors Heritage Label Shiraz 2022 (retail price: $20).
The family-owned and operated winery hailing from Clare Valley, South Australia beat over 580 samples from across 15 different countries with this drop, which earned an incredible 100-point rating. It marks the first-ever occasion a winery has claimed the International Champion title in consecutive years.
“This is such exciting news for our winery — not only have we taken out a major trophy for our wine, but the judges deemed it to be worthy of 100 points. It’s phenomenal,” said Mitchell Taylor, third-generation winemaker and Managing Director of Taylors Wines.
“The Heritage Shiraz is a special wine that celebrates the heritage of our family winery and takes inspiration from our very first vintage release in 1973.”
“50 years on, we are proud to represent the Clare Valley and South Australia and its awards like this that help showcase the quality of Australian wines to the world.”
Taylors Heritage Label Shiraz 2022 is described as a wine that boasts of “enticing, lifted aromas of plum, black currant, and dark cherry” with subtle undertones of mocha and spice.
The palate is “plump and generous” with ripe blackberry and plum characters; while the mocha and coffee notes balance the dense fruit flavours with “fleshy, supple tannins rounding out the long finish.”
Other award-winning drops produced by Taylors Wines which received a gilded nod at the 2023 VINUS International Wine & Spirits Competition are as follows:
- Double Gold: Taylors The Visionary Cabernet Sauvignon 2019 (Top Ten VINUS 2023)
- Double Gold: Taylors The Pioneer Shiraz 2019 (Top Ten VINUS 2023)
- Double Gold: Taylors St Andrews Cabernet Sauvignon 2020
- Double Gold: Taylors Reserve Parcel Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre 2021
- Double Gold: Taylors Reserve Parcel Cabernet Sauvignon 2021
- Gold: Taylors Estate Shiraz 2021
- Gold: Taylors Jaraman Shiraz 2021
- Gold: Taylors St Andrews Shiraz 2020
- Gold: Taylors Jaraman Cabernet Sauvignon 2021
- Gold: Taylor Made Cabernet Malbec 2021
- Gold: Taylors Special Release Shiraz 2021
- Gold: Taylors Reserve Parcel Shiraz 2021
- Gold: Taylors St Andrews Chardonnay 2022
- Gold: Taylors Premium Release Cabernet Sauvignon 2021
- Gold: Taylors St Andrews Riesling 2023
Cop your very own bottle of everything listed above — including the acclaimed Taylor Heritage Label Shiraz 2022 — via the link below (or in person at select retailers).