Leonardo DiCaprio has soundly cemented his status as a fixture of modern cinema – from Titanic to Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. With a long list of accomplishments to go with the filmography, it’s unsurprising that Leonardo DiCaprio also has a net worth which you and I would consider hefty.
Considering the man’s position on the environment, how exactly the actor spends his coin is a mystery worth unravelling. To private jet or not to private jet? Is it a garage of Lambos and Ferraris or Teslas and hybrids? Here’s how the Leonardo DiCaprio we’ve come to know makes and spends his net worth.
Leonardo DiCaprio Net Worth Breakdown —
- US$25 million fee per film, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- DiCaprio surpassed the US$20 million per film mark back in 2000.
- Inception saw DiCaprio rake in US$59 million (includes salary and all back-end points off worldwide gross + share of DVD and pay-TV revenue)
- An undisclosed sponsorship fee as a previous ambassador for Tag Heuer.
- DiCaprio is also a brand ambassador for Chinese electric car company BYD.
- Unlike George Clooney, the man’s primary income is still through film.
- A speculated net worth total of approximately AU$350 million.
How DiCaprio Spends It —
- Donated US$1 million to the Wildlife Conservation Society.
- Purchased first generation Tesla & Fisker Karma electric vehicles, both for around US$100,000.
- M/Y Topaz, a US$678 million superyacht is regularly chartered by DiCaprio.
- The man’s got an extensive art collection. He once purchased a US$125,000 Ed Ruscha painting as part of a charity auction to raise money for Haiti relief funds.
- He owns the piano from Casablanca.
- He loves his sports, buying seasons tickets for baseball and hockey, not to mention shelling out for FIFA World Cup and UEFA Champions League Finals.
- He’s building an eco-resort in Belize.
- He’s since traded in his Gulfstream private jet to appease the carbon footprint critics.
- He paid a motza for the ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz.
- Surprisingly, a huge bulk of Leonardo DiCaprio’s net worth is dropped on his rare Star Wars action figure collection.
- Rumoured to have bought a 10-year-old Sulcata Tortoise – you read that right. He’s a fan of exotic pets.
Source: The Richlist