Monday was a good day for the San Antonio Spurs who beat the Portland Trail Blazers 131-118.
However, it was arguably an even better day for the Australian NBA fan who put $200 into an insane nine-leg bet with odds of $2501/1.
The punter dropped $200 with Sportsbet on a nine-leg multi that involved eight different players between both teams. For the bloke to win the bet, four Blazers and four Spurs needed to reach certain scoring marks and one of those Spurs players also needed to pull down a bunch of rebounds.
Here's how it went down.
On the Trail Blazers side:
- Damian Lillard needed to score over 26.5 points – he scored 37 points
- CJ McCollum needed to score over 20.5 points – he scored 24 points
- Al-Farouq Aminu needed to score over 8.5 points – he scored 20 points
- Jusuf Nurkic needed to score over 14.5 points – he scored 16 points
For the Spurs:
- DeMar DeRozan needed to score over 23.5 points – he scored 36 points
- LaMarcus Aldridge needed to score over 18.5 points – he scored 29 points
- Rudy Gay needed to score over 13.5 points – he scored 18 points
- Patty Mills needed to score over 9.5 points – he scored 15 points
- DeRozan needed to snag over 5.5 rebounds – he recorded eight rebounds
Nurkic was the closest to the line but managed to pass the 14.5 line with nearly six minutes left in the fourth quarter. For the rebounds, DeRozan had already grabbed 6 by the end of the third quarter even though his average is typically 5.6 per game.
All of the players managed to pull through on their end of the nine-leg multi, making the Aussie punter a happy man... and $500,000 richer.