The San Antonio Spurs’ 131-118 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers in December of 2018 was a good day. However, it was arguably an even better day for the Aussie punter who put $200 into an insane nine-leg bet which paid $2,501 to the dollar.
The bloke in question placed the $200 bet via Sportsbet on a nine-leg multi that involved eight different players between both teams. For him to win in full, four Blazers and four Spurs needed to reach certain scoring marks, and one of those Spurs players also needed to pull off a bunch of rebounds.
Here’s how it went down.
On the Trail Blazers side:
- Damian Lillard needed to score over 26.5 points – he scored 37 points
- CJ McCollum needed to score over 20.5 points – he scored 24 points
- Al-Farouq Aminu needed to score over 8.5 points – he scored 20 points
- Jusuf Nurkic needed to score over 14.5 points – he scored 16 points
For the Spurs:
- DeMar DeRozan needed to score over 23.5 points – he scored 36 points
- LaMarcus Aldridge needed to score over 18.5 points – he scored 29 points
- Rudy Gay needed to score over 13.5 points – he scored 18 points
- Patty Mills needed to score over 9.5 points – he scored 15 points
- DeRozan needed to snag over 5.5 rebounds – he recorded eight rebounds
Nurkic was the closest to the line but managed to pass the 14.5 line with nearly six minutes left in the fourth quarter. For the rebounds, DeRozan had already grabbed 6 by the end of the third quarter even though his average was typically 5.6 per game.
This right here… this is what dreams are made of.
💰 HUGE MULTI COLLECT 💰
✅ Lillard over 26.5 pts
✅ McCollum over 20.5 pts
✅ Aminu over 8.5 pts
✅ Nurkic over 14.5 pts
✅ DeRozan over 23.5 pts
✅ Aldridge over 18.5 pts
✅Gay over 13.5 pts
✅ Mills over 9.5 pts
✅DeRozan over 5.5 rebounds
$200 staked, $500,200 returned 🤪
— Sportsbet.com.au (@sportsbetcomau) December 3, 2018