As the impending reality of self-quarantine and working from home looms as the global norm, we may as well double down on what could be some epic time to swap stale lunch breaks for all-out war. We’re talking of the digital kind, obviously, in the form of Call Of Duty: Warzone.
And what better timing than the release of Activision’s answer to the ‘Battle Royale’ craze. It’s cross-platform, free-to-play and available now.
Never played before? If you can shoot even slightly straight I guarantee you’ll be a pro by the time this fiasco blows over. Here are 10 Call Of Duty: Warzone tips you need to know before dropping in.
- Once cut, your parachute will no longer automatically deploy. So make sure you manually do it or the start of your Warzone experience will be a quick one.
- On that note, parachuting really is your best friend. At the start of the match, you can cut away from your chute, pull out your weapon, and kill people before you’ve even landed on the ground. You can also redeploy them as an easy way to get off building rooftops if you’re discovered sniping.
- You better get good at the ‘Gulag’, and quickly. When you die in Battle Royale, you’re thrown into a prison where you’ll 1v1 another player who has also died in a ‘Gunfight’ match. The winner will respawn back into action.
- You can’t change weapon attachments. The rarities of the weapons are coded by colours. The rarer the weapons, the more attachments they have.
- Killstreaks are available to purchase using money accumulated from killing enemies. They’re not automatically awarded to you.
- Camping isn’t your friend in this game, as the more cash you can find will dictate whether you can make it to the end game. It can be useful at times, but you need to be strategic about it.
- Max out your health. The standard health bar is worth 100HP, but you can also drop into the game with two health bars worth an additional 50HP each. The storm is basically unsurvivable without health regeneration.
- The ‘Ghost’ perk is essential to making you invisible. UAV’s are extremely common in Warzone, so the ‘Ghost’ perk will let you fly under the radar during the early stages of the game. Also, don’t smash glass windows or shoot unnecessarily, as this can give away your position.
- Keep an eye on redeployment flares, as it means someone that’s respawned needs your help. But be mindful that everyone – even opposing teams – can see them. The same goes for vehicle use. You’re basically painting a target on your back for all to see.
- You can buy a self-revive kit to save yourself when down. We’d also recommend an assault rifle with extended mags – no brainer.
Happy hunting, Bosses. For more Call Of Duty: Warzone tips, check out the video below.
Call of Duty: WARZONE – 10 Things The Game DOESN'T TELL YOU.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Warzone (PC, PS4, Xbox One) is here and there are some things you need to know before jumping in.Posted by Gameranx on Friday, March 13, 2020