Undoubtedly one of the most stylish men in the world, Tom Ford has been at the top of the fashion game for over twenty years now, almost single handedly turning around the Gucci brand before heading up YSL and then finally launching his own impossibly cool self titled label.
To put it simply, Ford has seen and done a lot, so when he speaks, people tend to listen. Here's some of his finest.
1. You should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the world because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.
2. Shouting is wasted energy. It embarrasses people in front of other people.
3. The most important thing a man can do is exercise and maintain his weight. Because that's the key to looking youthful.
4. Every man should have a smart blazer, lots of crisp white shirts, a pair of classic black lace-up shoes, the perfect pair of jeans and always new socks and underwear (throw away the old ones every six months or so).
5. Manners are very important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. I always open doors for women, I carry their coat, I make sure that they're walking on the inside of the street. Stand up when people arrive at and leave the dinner table.
6. I'm a pretty calm person. That came from living in Italy for a long time. Nothing works, nothing is on time. You have to learn to deal with it.
7. The secret to a long-term relationship? Choose someone great to begin with, then stick it out.
8. Like white teeth, white eyes matter. Use Visine.
9. I worry constantly and obsess over things, but I don't let fear stand in the way of doing something that I really want to do.
10. I don't like showers. Why do anything standing up that you could do lying down?
11. From the time we're born until we die, we're kept busy with artificial stuff that isn't important.