Aside from a handful of minor details – as well as one major discrepancy regarding geography – you’d be forgiven for mistaking Topping Hill for the mansion in Baz Luhrmann’s 2013 film adaptation of The Great Gatsby starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, and Carey Mulligan. Right down to the indoor pool and jetty for those late-night green light yearning sessions.
Located in Greenwich, Connecticut, just a straight half-hour shoot on the road to Manhattan, Topping Hill is a grand 14,880-square foot residency that sits atop an even grander 27-acre total estate. With 6 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, and plenty of
classical old money charm, the devil is well and truly in the details here. According to Robb Report…
“The walls in the gym and pool house are soundproofed to prevent echoes, and the pool has fingerprint-access security as well as a high-tech infrared cleaning system to control humidity.” [Read: fingerprint-access security to prevent any Jay Gatsby murder-type situations.]
“A huge skylight runs almost the length of the space, with custom lighting for evenings. Other thoughtful touches include heated flooring in all the bathrooms, as well as on the patios. There’s an elevator that connects all floors, motion-detection lighting throughout, a central heating/cooling system that’s been wrapped in soundproof materials for quiet. Windows have a UV treatment to help protect important artworks from the sun.”
Other standout features include the following:
- plenty of entertaining space for you to make an awkward scene
- gourmet kitchen w/ marble countertops, La Cornue range, Sub-Zero & Wolf appliances
- wine cellar
- Har-Tru tennis court w/ shaded pavilion where Daisy Buchanan & Nick Carraway can admire you
- gym + yoga studio
- lakeside boathouse
- gorgeously manicured lawn
- and even a Kevlar-lined safe room in case old man George Wilson comes a-knockin’ because he thinks you dipped your wick in Myrtle Wilson
Check out Topping Hill in Greenwich, Connecticut for yourself below.