Dating giant Tinder has teamed up with Spotify to enhance the dating experience by letting you add a song to your profile to help attract a suitable match. The “Tinder Anthem” function lets you find and befriend people with a similar taste in music, or in turn, avoid people who don’t have a similar taste in music to you.
Tinder CEO, Sean Rad said “Music is an important part of making new connections and getting to know existing ones. Just like you go to the bar that plays your favourite music.”
The new function is reminiscent of MySpace circa 2007 when it developed profile song capability, but probably with less Nelly Furtado and more Justin Bieber.
What song would you put on your profile and what would it say about you?
Here’s some ideas:
- “Mine Smell Like Honey” – REM
- “Satan Gave Me A Taco” – Beck
- “Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk” – U2
- “Hooker With a Penis” – Tool
- “Every Time I Eat Vegetables It Makes Me Think Of You” – Ramones