Publications like BH were borne out of a desire to live the James Bond life, without any danger of being clipped in a firefight, or having to endure blunt force trauma on the old beanbags. Sure, you could always sacrifice years trying to build a brand, hope it gains traction, and eventually jet-set on someone else’s dime + enjoy some free shit on the odd occasion… or you could pony up US$80,000 (AU$110,000) for the James Bond Travel Experience.
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to describe this six-figure package as the closest you could possibly get to the 007 lifestyle – far closer than any real MI6 intelligence officer, anyways – right down to the backdrop of seven European cities, high-stakes gambling, simulated boat chases, and even an element of simulated gunplay.
Tied to the delayed release of No Time To Die, the three-week stretch is capped off with a night on the red carpet at the 25th instalment’s London premiere. And just because nothing really happened unless it’s documented these days, a professional film crew has been hired to capture every single Hollywood moment. Yes, you read that correctly. You’re essentially creating your very own Bond film.
“We have never before offered one trip with such exclusivity, high-end accommodations and activities,” Lindsay Boyd – owner of Tamandare Travel & Uber Alles Travel – explains to Robb Report.
“We’re going to be at this farm in Norway, where we have hired two Norwegian special forces guys. We’re then going to split the group into two teams and give everybody paintball guns. And on the other side of the field is going to be a helicopter waiting to extract those who make it there first.”
“The helicopter will then take you up into an area where they filmed a famous Bond car chase, and then guests will then get into cars to chase “Bond” or the “bad guy” up over the hill – then they will meet up with the special forces guys and jump into their own rip boats to continue the chase up through a fiord. It all ends at the hotel you’ll be staying in for the night.”
Here’s an overview of what the James Bond Travel Experience entails (keep in mind not everything has been disclosed to the public):
- Access to the No Time to Die filming locations
- Attending the VIP red carpet event for the London premiere of No Time To Die
- 5-star “safe house” accommodation w/ meals prepared by Michelin-star chefs
- “Secret Agent missions” which include guarding crown jewels during a special event, private viewing at the Tower of London, etc.
- Golf day on the Old Course, St Andrews
- Dinner on the London Tower Bridge w/ high-stakes casino night
- Recreate famed high-speed Bond chase scenes with luxury supercars, boats, helicopter extraction after a simulated fire fight (“… followed by the getaway escape to a secluded vaulted hideaway.”)
- Aston Martins, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Range Rovers deployed where suitable
- Private jet transfers from city to city (Airbus A320 or Boeing BBJ 737)
- Filmed by a professional film crew for posterity & lifelong bragging rights
Optional features include a makeover courtesy of celebrity stylist Maureen Vivian, ziplining through the Dolomites, helicopter trips to Macallan Distillery, as well as a dedicated driving activity with Land Rover and Aston Martin.
Tamandare Travel & Uber Alles Travel’s James Bond Experience will be limited to no more than 50 guests and take place from September 26th to October 17th – starting price: $110,000.
Find out more below.