Quality credit card bonuses are getting harder and harder to come by, but the latest offer from American Express is as compelling as they come.
The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card is always a great credit card option, with a sizeable 55,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points when you apply, are approved, and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. New Card Members only.
This card is a must-have for Qantas Frequent flyers with an uncapped 2.25 points earned on Qantas spend, and 1.25 points earned per dollar on regular spending. With a $450 Qantas travel credit that covers the $450 annual fee, two complimentary passes to the American Express Lounge per year, and two complimentary Qantas lounge passes, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card is a ripper.
With international travel finally back on the horizon, there has never been a better time to accumulate points for a big overseas trip in the future (or a trip to see new parts of Australia).
So where can 55,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points take you in Australia?
- Sydney or Melbourne to London one-way in economy (55,200 points + taxes & fees)
- Sydney or Melbourne to Fiji one way in business class (41,500 points + taxes & fees)
- Between Melbourne & Sydney 7 times (8,000 points each way + taxes & fees)
- Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane to Dubai one-way in economy (41,500 points each way + taxes & fees)
- Sydney to Hamilton Island return for two people (48,000 points + taxes & fees)
- Melbourne or Sydney to Perth three times one way (18,000 points each way + taxes & fees)
Here’s a quick overview of all the things you need to know about the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
- Receive 55,000 Qantas Points when you apply, are approved, and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders.
- Earn 1.25 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent.
- Earn 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year.
- Annual card fee of $450 p.a.
- Two passes to the American Express Lounge at Sydney or Melbourne International Airport.
- Two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services.
- Complimentary Qantas Wine Premium Membership.
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance.
- $65,000 minimum annual income.
If you’ve been looking for an uncapped Qantas linked credit card to earn points on your daily spend, especially if that includes regular Qantas purchases, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card is about as good as you can get without stepping up to the American Express Platinum Card.
To apply for the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, click here.
While you’re here, check out our video of the brand new American Express Lounge at Sydney International Airport below.
RELATED: Review – The Emirates Business Class Experience
Boss Hunting earns a referral bonus from American Express for anyone that’s approved through the links in this article. This commission helps keep Boss Hunting running, and we thank you for your support.