Quality credit card bonuses are getting harder and harder to come by, but the latest offer from American Express is as compelling as they come.
The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card is our pick of credit card deals available right now, with a huge 110,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points plus $200 back when you apply by 27 October 2021, are approved, and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. New Card Members only.
This card is a must-have for Qantas Frequent flyers with an uncapped 2.25 points earned on Qantas spend, and 1.25 points earned per dollar on regular spending. With a $450 Qantas travel credit that covers the $450 annual fee, two complimentary passes to the American Express Lounge per year, and two complimentary Qantas lounge passes, this card is a ripper.
Even if international travel is off the cards for a while, there has never been a better time to explore Australia (or accumulate points for a big overseas trip in the future).
So where can 110,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points take you in Australia?
- Between Melbourne & Sydney 14 times (8,000 points each way + taxes & fees)
- Sydney to Hamilton Island return for two people twice (48,000 points + taxes & fees)
- Melbourne or Sydney to Perth six times one way (18,000 points each way + taxes & fees)
Here’s a quick overview of all the things you need to know about the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
- Receive 110,000 Qantas Points plus $200 back when you apply by 27 October 2021, are approved, and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholder.
- Earn 1.25 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent.
- Earn 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year.
- Annual card fee of $450 p.a.
- Two passes to the American Express Lounge at Sydney or Melbourne International Airport.
- Two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services.
- Complimentary Qantas Wine Premium Membership.
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance.
- $65,000 minimum annual income.
If you’ve been looking for an uncapped Qantas linked credit card to earn points on your daily spend, especially if that includes regular Qantas purchases, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card is about as good as you can get without stepping up to the American Express Platinum Card.
To apply for the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, click here.
While you’re here, check out our video of the brand new American Express Lounge at Sydney International Airport below.
RELATED: Review – The Emirates Business Class Experience
Boss Hunting earns a referral bonus from American Express for anyone that’s approved through the links in this article. This commission helps keep Boss Hunting running, and we thank you for your support.