Quality credit card bonuses are getting harder and harder to come by as margins on card transactions tighten. American Express gave dropped a surprise bonus this week though, upping the sign on bonus for the American Express Qantas Ultimate Card to a massive 120,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points when you apply online by 6 November 2019, are approved and spend $4,500 on your new Card within the first 3 months.
Enough bonus points - if you use them correctly - to get you to any corner of the globe and back again.
In our opinion this is the single best publicly offered credit card bonus offered in Australia this year, so if you've been on the fence about getting an American Express Credit Card, now's the time to pull the trigger.
This card is a must-have for Qantas Frequent flyers with an uncapped 2.25 points earned on Qantas spend, and 1.25 points earned per dollar on regular spending. With a $450 Qantas travel credit that covers the $450 annual fee, two complimentary passes to the American Express Lounge per year, and two complimentary Qantas lounge passes, this card is a ripper.
So where can 120,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points take you?
- Between Melbourne & Sydney 15 times (8,000 points each way + taxes & fees)
- Almost anywhere in the world with Qantas, Emirates, or American Airlines in economy return (e.g. Melbourne-Europe, or Sydney - West Coast USA) for up to 110,400 points + taxes and fees.
- Business class one-way from Melbourne, Sydney, or Brisbane to Los Angeles, Santiago, Dubai, or San Francisco flying with Qantas, Emirates, or American Airlines for 108,400 Qantas Points plus taxes and fees
- Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane to Hong Kong, Tokyo, or Singapore in Premium Economy return for up to 123,000 points + taxes and fees.
- Perth to mainland Europe in Emirates business class one-way (108,400 Qantas Points plus taxes and fees).
Here's a quick overview of all the things you need to know about the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
- Receive 120,000 Qantas Points when you apply online by 6 November 2019, are approved and spend $4,500 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholder.
- Earn 1.25 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent.
- Earn 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year.
- Annual card fee of $450 p.a.
- Two passes to the American Express Lounge at Sydney or Melbourne International Airport.
- Two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services.
- Complimentary Qantas Wine Premium Membership.
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months.
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance.
- $65,000 minimum annual income.
If you’ve been looking for an uncapped Qantas linked credit card to earn points on your daily spend, especially if that includes regular Qantas purchases, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card is about as good as you can get without stepping up to the American Express Platinum Card.
To apply, click here.
RELATED: Review - The Emirates Business Class Experience
Boss Hunting earns a referral bonus from American Express for anyone that’s approved through the links in this article. This commission helps keep Boss Hunting running, and we thank you for your support.