Quality credit card bonuses are getting harder and harder to come by as margins on card transactions tighten. The American Express Qantas Ultimate Card is consistently a great option and offers a generous 55,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. New Card Members only.
This card is a must-have for Qantas Frequent flyers with an uncapped 2.25 points earned on Qantas spend, and 1.25 points earned per dollar on regular spending. With a $450 Qantas travel credit that covers the $450 annual fee, two complimentary passes to the American Express Lounge per year, and two complimentary Qantas lounge passes, this card is a ripper.
So where can 55,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points take you?
- Between Melbourne & Sydney 6 times (8,000 points each way + taxes & fees)
- Fiji one-way in Business Class from East Coast Australia with Qantas (41,500 points + taxes & fees)
- Singapore return for two from East Coast Australia in economy (25,200 points each way + taxes & fees)
- Almost return to Tokyo from East Coast Australia in economy for 63,000 points + taxes and fees.
Here’s a quick overview of all the things you need to know about the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
- Receive 55,000 Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholder.
- Earn 1.25 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent.
- Earn 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year.
- Annual card fee of $450 p.a.
- Two passes to the American Express Lounge at Sydney or Melbourne International Airport
- Two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services.
- Complimentary Qantas Wine Premium Membership.
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance.
- $65,000 minimum annual income.
If you’ve been looking for an uncapped Qantas linked credit card to earn points on your daily spend, especially if that includes regular Qantas purchases, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card is about as good as you can get without stepping up to the American Express Platinum Card.
To apply, click here.
While you’re here, check out our video of the brand new American Express Lounge at Sydney International Airport below.
RELATED: Review – The Emirates Business Class Experience
Boss Hunting earns a referral bonus from American Express for anyone that’s approved through the links in this article. This commission helps keep Boss Hunting running, and we thank you for your support.