Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos is many things; technology entrepreneur, investor, father, Lex Luthor doppelgänger, philanthropist and for the second year running, America’s richest person.
According to The Forbes 400, Bezos’ wealth is currently estimated at a staggering US$114 billion. This is even more impressive considering Bezos parted with almost a quarter of his fortune (US$36 billion) after divorcing his wife of 25 years, MacKenzie Tuttle, early this year.
RELATED: The World’s Richest Women In 2019
Bezos has once again topped Forbes’ rich list, beating out Bill Gates whose worth sits at an estimated US$106 billion. Other notable names in the top 10 include the ‘Oracle of Omaha,’ Warren Buffet (US$80.8 billion), in third place, Facebook creator (and possible robot) Mark Zuckerberg (US$69.6 billion) at four and businessman Michael Bloomberg (US$53.4 billion) at eight.
This years list of 400 includes 18 newcomers, including Tim Sweeney (US$4.5 billion), the man responsible for Fornite, and private equity dealmaker Orlando Bravo (US$3 billion), the first Puerto Rican-born billionaire. The list also includes 58 women, with Alice Walton, one of the heirs to the Walmart fortune, clocking in at number 11 with a total worth of US$51.4 billion.
Check out the top 10 below and visit forbes.com to discover the entire 400 who make up America’s elite.
1. Jeff Bezos, Amazon – US$114 billion
2. Bill Gates, Microsoft – US$106 billion
3. Warren Buffet, Berkshire Hathaway – US$80.8 billion
4. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook – US$69.6 billion
5. Larry Ellison, software – US$65 billion
6. Larry Page, Google – US$55.5 billion
7. Sergey Brin, Google – US$53.5 billion
8. Micheal Bloomberg, Bloomberg LP – US$53.4 billion
9. Steve Ballmer, Microsoft – US$51.7 billion
10. Jim Walton, Wallmart – US$51.6 billion
RELATED: Forbes’ top 10 rich list for 2019