Matt Stone & Jo Barrett’s understanding of self-sufficiency and traceability aligns perfectly with the values at Patrón, who champion additive-free tequila handcrafted the traditional way. We teamed up with Matt to design three delicious – and conscious – dishes to pair with Patron’s range that you can cook at home.
“Once cooked, the grilled corn is brushed with a Tabasco infused Kewpie mayo dressing,” says chef Matt Stone. “For extra flavour pile on the cracked black pepper, add some paprika and finish with grated parmesan cheese. Serve grilled limes on the side for squeezing.”
- 3 whole sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 lime, halved
- 1/4 cup Kewpie mayonnaise
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- Paprika, to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese, to serve
1. Boil or steam the corn for 10 mins. (This can be done well in advance.)
2. Place Kewpie mayo in a small bowl and add as much Tabasco sauce as you like; mix well and set aside.
3. Brush the corn with a little olive oil and season with salt. Cook on the barbecue, along with lime halves, until slightly blackened.
4. Cut grilled corn into chunks then transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the Kewpie dressing, a heap of freshly cracked black pepper, chopped coriander and paprika to taste. Mix well and adjust seasoning if needed. Present in a large bowl sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese. Serve with a glass of Patrón Reposado or mix up a batch of El Paso Spritz. Enjoy!
Complete Matt Stone’s Patrón pairing menu with his barbecued Cured Rainbow Trout With Pickled Cucumber And Corn Chips and Flank Steak With Burnt Chilli And Spring Onion Salsa, designed to be enjoyed alongside a glass of Patrón Silver and Patrón Añejo.
This article is proudly presented in partnership with Patrón Tequila. Thank you for supporting the brands who support Boss Hunting.