The American Express Explorer Card is, in our opinion, one of the most versatile and value-packed credit cards on the market – and to sweeten the deal even further, we’ve partnered with American Express who are offering 150,000 Membership Rewards points when you apply by 26 October 2021, are approved, and spend $3,000 on your new card in the first 3 months from the approval date. Terms, conditions, and eligibility criteria apply. This offer is only available to new Card Members who haven’t held an American Express card for 18 months.
On top of the 150K bonus points, Explorer Card holders get a $400 Travel Credit per annum, 2 lounge passes, travel insurance for travel booked on the card, and smartphone screen insurance all for an annual fee of just $395 – which means if you travel just once a year using the Amex Travel Credit, this card is effectively costing you nothing.
Unlike the extravagant (and expensive) Amex Platinum Card aimed at those who earn over $100,000, the Explorer has a much more attainable minimum income of $65,000.
Let’s take a more in-depth look at the ins and outs of this card offer:
- Earn 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent on purchases except government bodies in Australia where you will earn 1 point per $1 spent.
- No cap on earn rate. You can earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month.
- Transfer your points to a choice of 8 airlines, including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines at a 2:1 transfer rate.
- Receive a $400 Travel Credit each year to use towards any eligible flights, hotels, experiences, or car hire booked and paid online with American Express Travel at americanexpress.com.au/travel. You can use this credit to book travel for anyone you choose.
- Enjoy two complimentary entries per year to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport.
- Book two consecutive nights’ stay and enjoy a hotel credit up to US$100 and a room upgrade, (when available) at properties part of The Hotel Collection.
- Travel with peace of mind knowing that you’ll also enjoy extensive travel insurance for you, your partner, and dependent children when you pay for travel on your American Express Explorer® Credit Card.
- Medical Emergency Expenses Cover up to $2,500,000 towards medical treatment.
- Travel Cancellation Cover up to $30,000 in the event your travel is cancelled for specific reasons.
- Baggage, Money, and Documentation Cover up to $10,000 to cover loss or damage to baggage, money, or documents.
- Travel Inconvenience Insurance up to $500 if your flight departure is delayed for four hours or more.
To take advantage of this American Express Explorer offer, apply through the link here.
Boss Hunting earns a referral bonus from American Express for anyone that’s approved through the links in this article. This commission helps keep Boss Hunting running, and we thank you for your support.