Buckle up. Cyber Monday is finally here.
As interest rates continue to hike, the cost of living crisis sweeps the nation, and the prospect of economic recession looms large, it’s likely most Aussies won’t be as keen to spend as in previous years.
That is, unless they’re offered something too good to refuse. And too good to refuse these deals are.
Some retailers have already gone ahead and released some early Cyber Weekend deals, while others are taking the more traditional route and waiting until Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2023 actually arrives: November 24th to 27th.
It’s among the calendar year’s biggest online sales events, after all, so understandably, major brands want to start attracting attention nice and early.
Here are the best Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals of 2023 thus far.
[NOTE: This list will be updated throughout the week.]
The Best Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals In Australia (2023)
Tech & Gaming
- $180 off PlayStation 5 Disc Console + Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Game Bundle at PlayStation
- 30% off PlayStation Plus at PlayStation
- 50% off EA Sports FC 24 (PS4 | PS5) at PlayStation
- 50% off NBA 2K24 Kobe Bryant Edition (PS5) at PlayStation
- Up to 55% off at Lenovo
- $6,151 off Samsung 98″ QN90A Neo QLED 4K Smart TV at Samsung
- $700 off Samsung 49″ Odyssey OLED G9 Curved DQHD Gaming Monitor at Samsung
- $300 off Samsung Freestyle Portable Projector at Samsung
- $350 off Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra at Samsung
- $250 off Samsung Galaxy Watch6 at Samsung
- $800 off Samsung Tab S8 Ultra (Wi-Fi) at Samsung
- $650 off Samsung Q930C Q-Series Soundbar at Samsung
- 50% off Samsung Galaxy Buds2 at Samsung
- Up To 40% off LG OLED TVs at LG
- Up To 40% off LG TV range at LG
- Up to 50% off LG soundbars at LG
- 30% off across LG earbuds range at LG
- 38% off Bose Noise-Cancelling 700 Headphones via Amazon
- Up to 25% off at Sonos
- 28% off Apple AirPods (2nd Gen) with Charging Case via Amazon
- Up to $999 off Microsoft Surface at Microsoft
- Starting at 20% off computers at JB HI-FI
- 69% off NordVPN
- Receive an extra three months free with ExpressVPN
- Up to 65% off at Kogan
- Cracking deals at The Good Guys
Home & Kitchen
- Up to 30% off at Koala
- Over 35% off at Bed Threads
- Up to 50% off at Snooze
- Up to 55% off at Emma Sleep
- $250 off all mattresses at Macoda
- 40% off all mattresses at Ergoflex
- 40% off everything at Sheridan (bonus 10% reduction)
- 20-60% off everything at Sheet Society
- 60% off at Kitchen Couture
- 30% off the AnZa White coffee machine at AnZa Coffee
- 55% off the Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer (5.7L) via Amazon
- 20% off the Gozney Roccbox at Gozney
- Up to 30% off at Ooni (Pizza Ovens included)
- Up to 50% off at BBQ Galore
- Up to $550 off at Dyson
- Up to $600 off at Breville
- 60% off Ecovax N8 Robot Vacuum via Amazon
Food & Drink
- 40% off Hibiki Japanese Harmony Whisky via Amazon
- 27% off Moet & Chandon Imperial via Amazon
- 33% off Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial via Amazon
- 64% Jack Daniel’s Single Single Barrel Select Tennessee via Amazon
- 20% off Beer Cartel Australian Craft Beer Hamper via Amazon
- 20% off Beer Cartel Hottest 100 Aussie Craft Beers via Amazon
- Up to 45% off select products at BWS
- 30% off wines at Mr Liquor
- 20% off whisky at The Wine Providore (code: BFCM)
- 25% off non-alcoholic wine alternatives at NON
- 40% off at My Protein (code: BLACKFRIDAY)
Fashion & Grooming
- 40% off at Tommy Hilfiger (stores + sitewide; live from November 21st)
- 40% off at Calvin Klein (stores + sitewide; live from November 21st)
- Up to 70% off at Puma (bonus 20% off via app with the code: PUMAAPP)
- 40% off selected items at Adidas
- Hot prices at Nike
- Hot prices at Under Armour
- Hot prices at Lululemon
- Hot prices at Rebel Sport
- Up to 70% off at Gymshark
- Up to 60% off at Converse
- Up to 50% off at Hype DC
- Up to 40% off select items at Hoka
- 30% off at Salomon
- Up to 70% off at ORTC Clothing Co
- Up to 70% off at City Beach Australia
- 40% off at Nautica (bonus 15% reduction)
- 30% off select items at Incu (code: BLACKFRIDAY)
- 30% off at General Pants Co (bonus 50% reduction)
- 30-40% off at THE ICONIC
- Up to 40% off at Ben Sherman
- 30% off full-priced items at Jac + Jack
- 30% off select items at Mr Porter
- 25% off sitewide at MJ Bale
- Up to 50% off at MATCHESFASHION.COM
- Up to 50% off at Sunglass Hut
- Up to 50% off at Ray-Ban
- Up to 50% off at Oakley
- Up to 62% off The North Face via Amazon
- Up to 40% off at Kathmandu
- 20% off R.M.Williams via David Jones
- Up to 60% off at MAISON de SABRE
- Up to 80% off at Shaver Shop
- 20% off at IKKARI
- 72-hour surprise sale at Qantas
- Up to 15% off Qatar Airways flights (code: BF23)
- Sale at Virgin Australia
- Sale at Klook
- Up to 20% off worldwide adventures at Intrepid Travel
- Starting at 30% off accommodation via Booking.com
- Up to 30% off at G Adventures
- Up to 50% off sitewide at Antler
- Up to 40% off at Samsonite Australia
- 40% off at AIDAN
- 30% off Carl Frederick Bags (code: BLACKFRIDAY)
- Up to 40% off at LEGO
- 20% off LEGO via Myer
- Up to $400 off e-scooters at Segway
- 60% off at Pedal Mafia
- 50% off Pirelli Tyres via MyCar
- Up to 70% off books at Booktopia
- Up to 70% off at Lovehoney
Want to know which products are worth buying before you shop till you drop online?
Check out our following round-ups breaking down the greatest choices across Bluetooth speakers, wireless earbuds, smartwatches, soundbars, and more right now.
Short of receiving any of these as free gifts for Christmas, the next best thing would be finding a great deal on any of the following.
- Best Wireless Earbuds Available In Australia
- Top Men’s Skincare Brands
- Best Wireless Sports Earbuds Monday Can Buy
- Best Bluetooth Speakers Available In Australia
- Best Smartwatches To Buy
- Best Soundbars Money Can Buy
- Best Gaming TVs To Buy
- Best Men’s Shoe Brands For Timeless Style
- Best Air Fryers In Australia
- Best Pizza Ovens In Australia
- Best BBQ Smokers & Grills To Buy
- Best Coffee Machines In Australia
- Best White Sneakers For Men
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Explained
If you’re not familiar with Cyber Weekend, which encompasses both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, just know: it’s about monster savings. And this year, the term “weekend” has been stretched to the absolute weekend to make it more of a Cyber Week.
Over the past few years, Black Friday deals and discounts have been much more hyped than Boxing Day, with Black Friday here in Australia alone overtaking December 26th as the country’s single biggest day for deals and discounts. Over in the US, it’s even crazier.
So why is it called Black Friday?
The term “Black Friday” originally had zero connection to shopping, according to Harvard Business School professor and historian Nancy Koehn. It was first used to describe a financial panic in 1869 instigated when investors Jay Gould and Jim Fisk drove up gold prices and ultimately crashed the market.
But since its 19th century inception, Black Friday has often been a label for other negative or unfortunate situations, i.e. workers not showing up to their jobs the day after Thanksgiving, says Koehn.
The first time “Black Friday” referred to retail the day after Thanksgiving was back in the 1950s. Philadelphia police complained about an influx of people coming into the city to shop the day after Thanksgiving, dubbing it as the annual occasion we now know (and love) today due to the sheer amount of crowd control required.
From that point onward, Black Friday was associated with shopping on that day and “gained momentum with each passing year.”
Overall, “there was no defining moment that made us call Black Friday ‘Black Friday,’” explained Nancy Koehn.
“It’s really the evolution of language and definition, retail practices, and consumers responding to that.”
With the proliferation of the internet and e-commerce, retailers and brands alike capitalised on the spend-happy sentiment by extending their promos right through the entire weekend, concluding on the following Monday. Hence “Cyber Monday.”
Black Friday Sales/Cyber Monday 2023 — Frequently Asked Questions
What day is Black Friday / Cyber Monday in 2023?
Black Friday always is the first Friday after the America’s Thanksgiving holiday. This year it falls on November 24th in Australia; with Cyber Monday wrapping up the weekend/week of deals on November 27th.
How long will Black Friday last in 2023?
While Black Friday technically only lasts a single day, due to the enthusiasm of major brands and retailers, it has become a week-long affair in 2023 — beginning in the week leading up to Black Friday itself (November 24th) and concluding on Cyber Monday (November 27th).
What are the best Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales in Australia for 2023?
Some of the best deals available here in Australia for Black Friday 2023 include:
- $180 off PlayStation 5 Disc Console + Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Game Bundle at PlayStation ($230 discount with certain retailers)
- Up To 40% off LG OLED TVs at LG
- 40% off at Tommy Hilfiger (live from November 21st)
- 40% off at Calvin Klein (live from November 21st)
- Up to 70% off at Puma
- 50% off Pirelli Tyres via My Car
- $5,000 off Samsung‘s 98″ QN90A Neo QLED 4K Smart TV