Forbes has smelled what The Rock is cooking, once again crowning him the highest-paid actor currently strutting around. In 2019, Dwayne Johnson raked in US$89.4 million by fronting several blockbuster films, an HBO series, as well as nurturing his longstanding partnership with Under Armour.
This year, the Hobbs in Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw has accomplished the exact same feat through more or less the same avenues. Blockbusters, Ballers, Under Armour – and a sizeable US$23.5 million paycheck from Netflix for an upcoming film titled Red Notice. Which, safe to say, pushed him over the line.
Making himself at home in the number two spot is Canadian national treasure, Ryan Reynolds. Similar to Johnson, Reynolds cashed in over US$40 million for Netflix films Six Underground as well as Red Notice. Reynolds’ side hustle with Aviation Gin probably didn’t hurt, either.
Following up the ranks, you’ll find names such as Mark Wahlberg, Ben Affleck, Vin Diesel, Will Smith, Adam Sandler, and Jackie Chan. The prevalent trend? About 6/10 of the blokes in this top ten list wet their beaks in the old Netflix water bucket. Very interesting…
Check it out below.
- Dwayne Johnson – US$87.5 million
- Ryan Reynolds – US$71.5 million
- Mark Wahlberg – US$58 million
- Ben Affleck – US$55 million
- Vin Diesel – US$54 million
- Akshay Kumar – US$48.5 million
- Lin-Manuel Miranda – US$45.5 million
- Will Smith – US$44.5 million
- Adam Sandler – US$41 million
- Jackie Chan – US$40 million