The American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card has always been a solid option for small business owners. For those looking at a Qantas Frequent Flyer Credit Card to help stack Qantas Points, it’s the perfect time to look towards this particular Charge Card so you can unlock smarter ways to both spend and travel.
Qantas Frequent Flyers looking to maximise their Amex Charge Card’s earning potential should pay attention to the latest offer from American Express. That is, new American Express Card Members are currently being offered 150,000 bonus Qantas Points if they apply for the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card online by 2 April 2024, are approved and spend $3,000 within the first 2 months of becoming a Card Member.
As long as you’re a new American Express Card Member and meet the eligibility criteria, 150,000 bonus Qantas Points will land in your Card Member’s Account 8-10 weeks after the $3,000 has been spent. T&Cs apply, as well as a $450 annual Card fee.
The Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card is a wise choice for Qantas Frequent Flyers with an uncapped 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on Qantas products and services as well as 1.25 Qantas Point per $1 spent on all other purchases. Card Members even get 0.5 Qantas Points for $1 spent on utilities, insurances and government bodies (great at tax time), opening up multiple channels to make your money and business expenses work for you. After a total of 500,000 Qantas Points is earned in a calendar year, the everyday business earn rate will change from 1.25 to 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent. For Card Members who applied for the Card between 1 July 2023 – 9 January 2024, this change will come into effect from 10 July 2024.
When you apply via the link on this page, you’re on your way to earning not just 150,000 bonus Qantas Points within your first 2 months of Membership, but various other business perks and enough flexibility to make your points work better for you.
The Qantas Business Rewards Card comes with numerous valuable travel benefits, including two complimentary domestic Qantas Club Lounge passes, up to $200 back with Dell Technologies ($100 per six months, twice a year), no pre-set spending limit, up to 55 cash flow days and no fee for up to 99 Employee Cards. With complimentary domestic and international Travel Insurance also included, the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card just makes sense.
The American Express Business Rewards Card In Detail
While you’re looking at a higher annual fee for the American Express Business Rewards Card, the generous 150,000 Qantas Points signup bonus, coupled with the Card’s numerous other benefits for small business owners, provides a tremendous amount of value for the fee.
When you apply online by 2 April 2024, are approved, and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 2 months. (Offer available to new Card Members only), you’ll get:
- 150,000 Qantas Points after spending $3,000 within 2 months
- 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible Qantas products and services
- 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases
- 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent with government bodies in Australia
- After a total of 500,000 Qantas Points is earned in a calendar year, the everyday business earn rate will change from 1.25 to 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent.1 For Card Members who applied for the Card between 1 July 2023 – 9 January 2024, this change will come into effect from 10 July 2024.
- Plus, the points your business earns when flying will be tripled when you book eligible flights with your Card.
- Uncapped Qantas Points earning potential for every dollar you spend on your Card
- Two passes to any domestic Qantas Club Lounge in Australia
- Up to $200 back with Dell Technologies ($100 per six months, twice a year)
- Up to 51 days to pay for purchases
- Domestic and international travel insurance
- No fee for up to 99 Employee Cards
- Complimentary Qantas Business Rewards membership (worth $89.50)
Importantly, any Qantas Points earned on the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card are credited to your business’ Qantas Business Rewards account (as opposed to a Qantas Frequent Flyer account).
This enables your business to have much more flexibility when it comes to redeeming those Qantas Points earned on the Card. For example, you are able to transfer Qantas Points to any Qantas Frequent Flyer member, including your employees to make travelling to grow your business work seamlessly and efficiently.
Ready to travel smarter and grow your business? Check out the full American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card offer here.
How Far Can 150,000 Qantas Points Take You?
After you have met the eligibility criteria and reached the minimum spend criteria of $3,000 within your first 2 months of being a Card Member, you have a whopping 150,000 Qantas Points to play around with for you and/or your employees. That’s more than enough points to get you to almost anywhere in the world while you enjoy the perks of the pointy end on some of these routes.
Here are some of the best trips you can book with 150,000 Qantas Points or under, all based on a Sydney departure and Classic Flight Rewards seats. Do note that leaving from other Australian cities should incur a similar cost.
- Business to Bali with Qantas return (90,000 points + $100 taxes)
- Business to Los Angeles with Qantas one-way (96.000 points + $150 taxes)
- Economy to Santiago with Qantas return (83,800 points + $349 taxes)
- Economy to Johannesburg with Qantas return (75,200 points + $357 taxes)
After you’ve been approved for the Qantas Business Rewards Card, met the minimum spend requirement, and waited for the points to land in your Qantas Frequent Flyer account – it’s time to get booking! Note that Qantas Classic Flight Reward availability can be limited, and some flights may not have seats available. For the best chance at finding a seat, try to book early and be flexible with your dates.
Eligibility Criteria You’ll Need To Meet
To apply for the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card you need to:
- Have no history of debt or payment default
- Annual business revenue of $75,000 or more
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a long-term visa
To score the massive 150,000 Qantas Points signup bonus, you must be a new cardholder. If you currently hold or have previously held any Amex Card within the past 18 months, you are ineligible for this offer. T&Cs apply.
If you’ve been looking for an uncapped Qantas-linked Card to earn points on both your personal and business expenses, especially if that includes regular Qantas purchases, the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card is about as good as you can get.
Boss Hunting earns a referral bonus from American Express for anyone that’s approved through the links in this article. This commission helps keep Boss Hunting running, and we thank you for your support.
- From 10 January 2024, once you have earned a total of 500,000 Qantas Points on your Card Account in a calendar year, your earn rate of 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent will change to 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on everyday business purchases. All other earn rates (Qantas products, services and government, utilities and insurances spend) will remain unchanged. For Card Members who applied for the Card between 1 July 2023 – 9 January 2024, this change will come into effect from 10 July 2024. The points threshold is based on eligible Qantas Points earned during a calendar year and will be reset on 1 January each year. Qantas Points earned by all Card Members on a Card Account contribute to the 500,000 points threshold each calendar year. Bonus points earned from Acquisition bonus offers and marketing campaigns are excluded from the threshold. ↩︎