We’ll be the first to admit – the monetising of social media has gone a bit nuts in the recent years. Perhaps that comment may seem a little ironic from us, yet some celebrities are making more money than the GDP of most small countries.
A list recently provided by HopperHQ sheds light on the ludicrous costs of just one sponsored Instagram post, with some hovering around the $500,000 USD mark.
Maybe surprisingly for some, but Kim Kardashian does not top the list of the ten highest paid celebrities. Rather, Selena Gomez takes the top spot with a whopping $550,000 USD per post. With 123 million followers, she’s a considerable 22 million ahead of Kim, who comes in second at an even half a million dollars.
The man, Cristiano Ronaldo, who was recently named by Forbes as the world’s highest earning sportsman, averages around $400,000 USD per post. One can’t help but find his take on the subtle Instagram sponsoring slightly humorous.
Only two men feature on the list, with LeBron James scraping in at $120,000 USD per post. See the full list in USD below:
1. Selena Gomez — approx. $543,000
2. Kim Kardashian — approx. $498,000
3. Cristiano Ronaldo — approx. $400,000
4. Kylie Jenner — approx. $398,000
5. Kendall Jenner — approx. $368,000
6. Khloe Kardashian — approx. $249,000
7. Kourtney Kardashian — approx. $249,000
8. Cara Delevingne — approx. $150,000
9. Gigi Hadid — approx. $120,000
10. LeBron James — approx. $120,000