As dystopic as the whole artificial intelligence wave may feel at times, it’s hard to overlook the advantages. Take the Barsys 360 cocktail machine, for instance, which isn’t just capable of mixing a drink and providing tailored suggestions based on your tastes — but also ordering the ingredients required.
The company behind this AI bartender has recently teamed up with online booze marketplace ReserveBar to launch an AI-powered subscription service, thereby ensuring this marriage between mixological art and science is as seamless as it can possibly be.
“More than a machine, it’s your personal mixologist that evolves alongside you.”
So how does it work?
- You kick things off by loading up the liquid ingredients into the designated Barsys 360 stations.
- After connecting either your phone or tablet via Bluetooth, simply input the spirits/mixers into the Barsys companion app.
- Then you choose from the curated list of drinks or even customise your particular poison.
- Once the Barsys 360 churns it out, set down a coaster and enjoy the bevvy.
- When you’re low on liquid ingredients, hit the app’s Subscription Box to reload at an additional cost.
“Elevate your cocktail experience to extraordinary heights and embark on an unforgettable journey of taste and innovation,” reads the official description.
“With Barsys 360, the art of mixology becomes an extraordinary celebration, redefining the way you enjoy cocktails at home.”
As you will have visually discerned, it isn’t exactly the worst-looking bit of kit, either.
Flaunting a refined, sci-fi-esque form factor that’s clearly borrowed a design cue or two from Dyson, the dimensions are 17.36 inches (length) x 8.03 inches (base) x 16.93 inches (height) with a net weight of 10 pounds (without liquid; with rechargeable 5V/2A battery).
Bonus: it’s entirely incapable of cutting you off/ejecting you from the (home) premises.
Now obviously, innovation of this calibre doesn’t exactly come cheap. This is why the Barsys 360 alone will set you back a punchy $901.14 at the time of this writing (one-year warranty included). Preorders begin shipping later this month on January 24th, 2024.
Find out more below.