It really is a battle of the streaming services right now, and thankfully the only winner out of this will be you, the content-hungry consumer. We’ve already told you what you should expect from Netflix this August, and now it’s time to divulge the complete viewing list for Amazon Prime Video across TV shows, documentaries, films, and original content.
It’s looking like a quiet month for Amazon Prime in August 2021, but there should still be enough new bangers to add to the already solid line-up, which last month added Luxe Listings Sydney to the mix. For August, the headline release is the second season of Modern Love, a surprisingly well-written and progressive series of love stories dealing with contemporary issues. Seeing as the first season had a few good episodes (mixed in with some incredibly dull ones), the show should be a fine watch for anyone into sentimental TV. Also on the schedule are three home-run hitting movies: space drama Ad Astra, war epic Saving Private Ryan, and ransom thriller All The Money In The World.
Movies Coming To Amazon Prime In August 2021
- Bad Moms (01/08/2021)
- Bad Moms 2 (01/08/2021)
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (01/08/2021)
- The Commuter (06/08/2021)
- The Night Clerk (06/08/2021)
- All My Life (07/08/2021)
- Evangelion: 3.0+1.01 Thrice Upon A Time (12/08/2021)
- Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone (12/08/2021)
- Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance (12/08/2021)
- Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (12/08/2021)
- Safe House (15/08/2021)
- Saving Private Ryan (15/08/2021)
- Happiest Season (17/08/2021)
- Words On Bathroom Walls (17/08/2021)
- Ad Astra (17/08/2021)
- All The Money In The World (24/08/2021)
- Wonder (31/08/2021)
TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime In August 2021
- Cruel Summer (06/08/2021)
- S.O.Z: Soldados O Zombies (06/08/2021)
- Modern Love Season 2 (13/08/2021)
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 2 (13/08/2021)
- Nine Perfect Strangers (20/08/2021)
- Pete The Cat Back To School Operetta (27/08/2021)
- Kevin Can F**k Himself (26/08/2021)
These are our top picks for Prime in August 2021
James Gray’s soft, solemn space drama, Ad Astra, was a modest box office hit in 2019 but fared far better with critics. Brad Pitt leads the all-star cast here, which is rounded out by Tommy Lee Jones and Donald Sutherland. The film deals with an astronaut heading into space in search of his lost father, his obsession at success eating away at him as he finds intelligent alien life and a potential threat to humankind. It’s not the best space drama in recent years (nowhere near the level of Interstellar or Arrival, but Ad Astra deserves a watch if you’ve never seen it before.
Saving Private Ryan
You’ve all seen Saving Private Ryan at least once, but the ridiculously long war epic always deserves another watch through. Especially if you haven’t seen this classic in years, the story about, well, saving private Ryan is still one of Steven Spielberg’s greatest achievements, translating the historic Omaha Beach assault in all its bloody chaos.
Modern Love Season 2
Modern Love Season 2 is the headline release of Amazon Prime’s August 2021 schedule. And while it may not be particular exciting for anyone outside of the very niche circle that still enjoys a good rom-com, it’s worth a look. The concept from the first season is the same – take love stories penned to the New York Times from everyday New Yorkers and turn them into well-written, well-acted, sometimes even mildly funny episodes. It’s got the anthology approach that American Horror Story or Black Mirror has, meaning each episode deals with an entirely different story, so if you don’t like one, try the next.