The Australian Taxation Office has just released data indicating where the country’s wealthiest professionals cluster geographically. Surprise, surprise – by an overwhelming margin, Australia’s highest earners hold Sydney and Melbourne postcodes. Particularly within the former’s Eastern Suburbs.
In terms of the old J.O.B breakdown – surgeons have taken the number one spot (average taxable income: $402,582), followed closely by anaesthetists (average taxable income: $382,674), then internal medicine specialists who fall off just a tad (average taxable income: $301,129), then financial dealers (average taxable income: $272,895), and rounding out at number five are psychiatrists (average taxable income: $225,206). Medical money just hits different, I suppose.
Here are the postcodes of Australia’s highest earners (by FY17/18 average taxable income):
-  Double Bay NSW – $242,428
-  Darling Point, Edgecliff, Rushcutters Bay, Point Piper NSW – $198,828
-  Hawksburn, Toorak VIC – $196,816
-  Bellevue Hill NSW – $193,440
-  East Melbourne VIC – $185,437
-  Dover Heights, Rose Bay North, Vaucluse, Watsons Bay NSW – $181,954
-  Hunters Hill, Woolwich NSW – $177,615
-  Mosman, Spit Junction NSW – $171,904
-  Northbridge NSW – $169,142
-  Cottesloe, Peppermint Grove WA – $167,090
You can check out more data regarding Australia’s highest earners – postcodes and otherwise – at ato.gov.au.
Now that you’ve learned what it takes to be considered a baller in Australia, learn about what it takes to be considered in the top 1% around the world here.