With international travel opening up, there has never been a better time to accumulate Qantas Frequent Flyer points than right now. To get the ball rolling, American Express is offering a 20,000 Qantas Points bonus on the great value Qantas American Express Premium Card when you apply online, are approved, and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. Offer available to new Card Members only.*
The Qantas American Express Premium Card is a great entry point into the world of American Express, with a low annual fee of just $249 (more than 80% less than the $1,450 American Express Platinum Card – which, to be fair is in a different league), and a raft of other benefits which we’ve outlined below.
- Earn up to 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on everyday purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent. Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible Qantas products and services.
- Two complimentary Qantas Club Lounge invitations each year when you purchase an eligible Qantas product or service with your Card.
- Complimentary Domestic and International Travel Insurance when you pay for your return trip on your Card.
- Up to 4 Additional Cards for family members or friends, at no extra fee.
- 23.99% interest rate.
What can you do with 20,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points?
While flying is the most well known and arguably most effective use of points, you can also spend your points on gift cards, hotels, TV’s, booze, and even vacuum cleaners from the Qantas Rewards Store.
- Sydney to Melbourne – from 16,000 points plus taxes and fees.
- Melbourne or Sydney to Denpasar (Bali) one way – from 20,300 points plus taxes and fees.
- Beats Flex – All-Day Wireless Earphones from 13,730 points
- Burberry London for Men (50ml) from 16,340 points
- RM Williams Traditional Belt from 20,860 points
To save time before applying for The Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card, make sure you can say ‘yes’ to the following:
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
- I am aged 18 years or over
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a long term visa
Looking for something a little more premium? Check out the metal American Express Platinum Card or the American Express Qantas Ultimate Card. Enjoy our American Express Sydney Lounge Review below too.
Boss Hunting earns a referral bonus from American Express for anyone that’s approved through the links in this article. This commission helps keep Boss Hunting running, and we thank you for your support.