We all have a general idea of how to make scrambled eggs – but as it turns out, the majority of us have been doing it the wrong way. At least that’s what celebrated chef and failed Buddhist monk, Gordon Ramsay, would have you believe.
Here’s how to make scrambled eggs perfectly, according to Ramsay himself.
How To Make Scrambled Eggs – Gordon Ramsay Recipe
Ingredients[Adjusts the ratio of eggs to butter accordingly.]
- 6 x Cold Eggs
- 15g Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Crème fraiche
- Crack your eggs into a deep saucepan away from the stove – it’ll soon become very clear why deep has been specified. At this point, do not whisk or break the eggs; do not add any salt or pepper, either. This is a surprisingly delicate chemical equation.
- Add the butter into the saucepan.
- Place the saucepan onto the stove – high heat.
- Stir continuously with a spatula (preferably rubber). Again, to reiterate – do not whisk. Just keep stirring like its sauce and make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- After about thirty seconds, when the eggs have started thickening a little, take the pan off the stove. Keep stirring while it’s away from the heat.
- After about ten seconds, place the saucepan back on the stove. Keep stirring the entire way.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 for two minutes.
- At this point, season the eggs lightly. For that extra creamy texture, add two teaspoons of crème fraîche. Keep stirring for another minute or so.
- You’ll get a sense of when it’s ready, which will be dependent on the consistency you desire.
- Plate it up, garnish with some chopped chives, and serve with whatever your heart desires. Sourdough, roast potatoes, bacon, etc.
Watch a video showing you how it’s done by the man himself below.
Now, don’t you dare Google “how to make scrambled eggs in microwave” ever again – or even think about cooking eggs in microwave type contraptions.
For more pro cooking tips from Chef Ramsay, let him teach you how to make the perfect burger.