With Black Friday weekend coming up, Australia’s biggest few days of exclusive deals and generous discounts will see online purchases skyrocket ahead of the holiday season. Travel is obviously going to be a big one this year, with many Aussies looking for the best travel deals so they can save a bit of cash on their 2022 travel plans, whether that’s for international travel or domestic travel.
These are the best Black Friday travel deals we have found online. And don’t worry, we’ll be updating this list as we see more deals roll through this week, whether they are early deals or ones that retailers are holding onto so they drop them at the last minute on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
Read on for the best Black Friday holiday and tour deals in Australia, from the likes of Flight Centre, Luxury Escapes, G Adventures, Trafalgar, and Contiki.
When Is Black Friday Australia This Year?
This year, Black Friday takes place on November 26, while Cyber Monday follows on November 29. Most retailers just combine the two days, but some deals trickle through on Cyber Monday so it’s worth constantly checking back to make sure you’re across the best travel deals online.
Where Are The Black Friday Flight Deals In 2021?
You’ll likely need a bit of patience if you’re waiting for some sweet flight deals to drop for Black Friday. Last year Skyscanner was a big winner by slashing up to 50% off domestic flights.
The Best Black Friday Travel Deals In Australia For 2021
Accor Hotels will be doing a lot of staycationers and domestic travellers solid this weekend as they put up a huge discount of up to 40% off city stays in Australia and New Zealand. Members of Accor’s lifestyle loyalty program, Accor Live Limitless, will also receive double reward points on bookings made, while members of Accor Plus will receive an additional 10% off stays, bringing the discount to 40%. The Accor Black Friday sale extends to all 380 Accor properties across Australia and New Zealand, spanning brands like SO/, Sofitel, MGallery, Art Series, Pullman, Swissotel, Movenpick, Grand Mercure, Peppers, The Sebel, Mantra, Novotel, Mercure, Tribe, BreakFree, ibis, ibis Styles, and ibis Budget.
Flight Centre has always been incredibly generous when it comes to Black Friday travel deals in Australia. Here are some of the more exciting deals they’ve announced so far.
- Up to 45% savings on international holidays
- Up to 40% savings on cruises
- Up to 30% savings on tours
- Up to 30% savings on domestic holidays
- 7 nights in Phuket for 2 people (including flights and hotels) from $2,715
- 4 night Greece trip with breakfasts included from $1,419
- 6 nights Singapore getaway (including flights) from $2,689
Flight Centre is yet to reveal specifics about many of their other Black Friday deals so it’s worth checking back later in the week.
In 2020, HotelsCombined dropped a huge 40% off select accommodation deal. No specifics have been released about their Black Friday 2021 deals but we’re expecting something similar. Keep checking back for updates.
G Adventures is taking up to 30% off some of their best-selling worldwide trips, including multi-day itineraries in Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Costa Rica, Egypt, and Jordan. Deals include the following.
- Costa Rica Quest, 9-day tour from $1,394 per person
- Highlights of Jordan, 8-day tour from $1,359 per person
- Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo, 9-day tour from $4,099 per person
- Best of South Korea, 8-day tour from $3,059 per person
- Back Roads to Japan, 11-day tour from $3,999 per person
Contiki has always been generous when it comes to Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, both for domestic and international itineraries. Contiki Black Friday weekend sales will be revealed gradually from November 23. Check back for more specifics, and in the meantime, there is a newsletter you can sign up to so you can get deals as soon as possible.
Luxury Escapes have already announced quite a few deals for Black Friday 2021, including some of the following.
- Up to 66% discount on Melbourne accommodation with $50 dining credit and flights
- Up to 45% discount on Thailand escape, including flights
- Up to 58% discount on Queensland escape for 2, including flights
- Up to 56% discount on all-inclusive Thailand getaway, including flights
- Up to 60% discount on Bali vacation package with, including breakfast and flights
Trafalgar is offering several of their best domestic tours with great deals, including the following.
- Up to 13% discount on 11-day South Australia wine tour
- Up to 13% discount on 5-day South Australia trip
- Up to 16% discount on 15-day Australian outback adventure
- Up to 15% discount on Australia and New Zealand tours
In 2020, Skyscanner dropped a huge domestic flight sale with up 50% taken off the full fare of select domestic services. It’s reasonable to expect something a bit similar in 2021, so check back for more details the closer we get to Black Friday.
One of the world’s biggest accommodation booking sites is throwing its hat in the Black Friday ring with up 30% off a selection of getaways for domestic travellers looking to explore more of Australia.
If you feel like grabbing a day charter and taking it out for a short harbour adventure, know that Ahoy Club is offering 20% off rates for some of the highlights from their fleet, including Mischief, Chaos, Impulse, Trouble, and Cheeky.
Intrepid have picked Black Friday weekend to launch their annual Cyber Sale, which will run a few days past Cyber Monday and end on December 1. The tour operator will be slashing 25% off 2022 trips such as the following.
- 20% off 8-day Croatia sailing adventure (departing May 14, 2022)
- 25% off 15-day explore Spain & Portugal trip (departing January 18, 2022)
- 20% off 8-day Thailand Real Food adventure (departing February 19, 2022)
- 25% off 12-day Best of Antarctica from Punta Arenas (departing November 2, 2022)
The boutique-minded Ovolo Hotels are putting up suites and higher category rooms as part of their generous Black Friday sale, offering up to 40% off nightly rates.
The Daily Edited
Masters of personalised leather goods, The Daily Edited, are offering up many of their most popular accessories, including travel cases, with 20% off full-priced products.
Purveyors of sustainable luxury, Crystalbrook Collection, are slashing 25% off the full rate of any bookings made during the hotel group’s Black Friday sale.
Virgin Australia has dropped Black Friday sale fares on 700,000 domestic and international seats with one-way domestic fares from $49 on Economy Lite, and return international flights from $425 on Economy Lite. These include the following.
- Sydney – Hobart from $59
- Sydney – Ballina from $49
- Melbourne – Adelaide from $59
- Sydney – Bali from $509
- Sydney – Fiji from $459
- Melbourne – Fiji from $489